Thanks for everybody who had time and popped up in the shop (Roath) despite the rain last Sunday.
During the day, a total crowd of 47 people tried the wines we had on tasting. We received a Spanish cortege with 13 people from Madrid, Barcelona, Navarra, Andalucia, Galicia and Toledo, so no people left in Spain. Busy Sunday after the rain. We had 6 wines in total, but 4 of them were samples from the Distributors and we don’t currently sell them yet (so, we haven’t named them here), but because of the feedback we had we will certainly bring some of them on board. So here there is a small description of the wines:
From the Distributors:
1) Spanish organic white wine made from a Sauvignon Blanc/Verdejo blend. Light, fresh and delicate with floral undertones and delicious with any seafood. £7.99.
2) Grecanico – *** STAR *** WHITE WINE ***This delicious Sicilian wine made from a regional grape was the Star during the afternoon. Very pleasant, easy drinking and versatile with food. Subtle aromas of tropical fruits on the nose and a gentle lemony character on the palate. Its body is light as well and it would be ideal to go with light dishes and white meats. £8.99.
3) New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough – Loads of gooseberry and grapefruit on the nose and palate with a hint of guava. It was the last white wine on the tasting because its body is clearly full. £13.99.
4) Spanish organic Tempranillo. This unoaked Spanish is light and fruity. Lots of cherries on the nose and palate make it ideal to go with the traditional paella but it will match more meaty dishes. If the day is too hot and you’re going to a barbecue this is your easy pick. £7.99.
From our stock:
5) Mas Montel – Petite Syrah *** STAR *** RED WINE *** With soft ripe flavours, showing more complex aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg alongside with earthy tones it has a medium to full-body with spice, liquorice, leather and dark red fruits. Delicious! £8.99.
6) Umbrele Merlot – ***Highly Commended***. Our Romanian Merlot from Transylvania is always a good tipple. It is soft with supple red berries and a dash of spice on the palate. Jammy flavours pronounced with a medium body, this is a superb example of Merlot. The American oak imparts vanilla and sweeter characteristics to the wine. This wine is fantastic with food. £7.49.